Daily Prompt: The Clock
On Feb. 16 the Daily Prompt was: Write about anything you’d like. Somewhere in your post, include the sentence, “I heard the car door slam, and immediately looked at the clock.”
At the time, I couldn’t think of any thing, but today, this came to me.
I have a slight slant on the prompt sentence. Hope you don’t mind.
The buggy door slammed. I immediately looked at the clock and remembered. There are no clocks here.
This is my fault. I wanted to come and see what it was like to live without TV, social media, cell phones, and electricity.
These people get up with the sunrise and bed at sundown.
I go to the bathroom in a shed, over a hole, in the ground.
I bath in the river. If I want a hot bath, I have to haul the water (by myself) uphill, to the back of the house, and boil it over an open fire. Once hot, I pour the water in the outside tub. I do this one bucket at a time. When the tub is full, the water is just above luke warm.
My nails are broken.
My hair is ragged for the lack of a decent hair cut. There is no shampoo, conditioner, blow dryer, or hairspray.
I have three dresses, one for work, one for Sunday meeting, and one to wear while I wash the other two.
I know I’m to blame. I wanted to see how my ancestors lived. But I hadn’t planned on equipment failure or getting stuck here.
I miss social media.
I miss my family and friends.
I miss electricity!!!!
Damn time travel.
- A Smorgasbord of Visual Delights! « oh, this and that
- Daily Prompt: The Clock | The Wondering College Student
- Daily Prompt: The Clock | A Sign Of Life
- Exploring Ever After | Wiley’s Wisdom
- Daily Prompt: The Clock | ahmadjaenudinchef
- Daily Prompt: The Clock | kcm1976’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: The Clock « Moving Notion
- On the tick of a clock! | amateurxpress
- Daily prompt: The Clock | Artifacts and fictions
- Loose End, Part Two | Mike Sensitivity
- Clock watching « Tell Tale Therapy
- Daily Prompt: The Clock | bitofshine’s Blog
- In the afternoon « thelissachronicles
- The Clock – (150 Words or Less) | Sammy’s Moleskine
- The Clock | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- What is a Good Leader? « The Lurker’s List
- 17:2 | Daily Prompt: The Clock | Family Photos Food & Craft