Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo
Today’s Daily Prompt is “What sort of music was played in your house when you were growing up? What effect, (if any) did it have on your musical tastes?”
My mother was a musician. She loved music, all kinds. We had a nice collection of across the board music to listen to.
Mom was one of those people who could learn to play any instrument handed to her.
She was in the first band at her high school. She played the flute, but one of her girlfriends wanted to play the brass flugel horn. Mom learn how to play the horn then taught her friend how to play.
Her favorite was the piano. She had perfect pitch, and could play a piece of music by just listening to it. She could also read music and could transpose the notes in her head and play the piece in a different key from what was on the sheet of music. She played everything from jazz to classical.
I loved listening to her.
But instead of sitting at her side and following in her finger tips, I sat curled up with a good book.
I would have loved to play the piano and the guitar. I tried, but I didn’t have her talent.
As much as she love music and its many variations, I loved the novel and its many different genres.
Besides, I’m tone deaf.
Click on Daily Prompts to read more of my daily prompts.
Here are more Daily Prompts to read:
Trackbacks & Pingbacks
- Moon-rock | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Rhythm | Perspectives on life, universe and everything
- Music, Food and a Dash of Wild | Rose-tinted Rambles
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo- How a Song Could Brings Back Beautiful Memories | Journeyman
- Hey, Hey Good Lookin’ & Divine Providence | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo | The WordPress C(h)ronicle
- A Whole Other Selection | Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo | likereadingontrains
- Great Music Never Dies | Musings | WANGSGARD
- My Musical Memory Set List (Volume Two) | The Bohemian Rock Star’s “Untitled Project”
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves… | seikaiha’s blah-blah-blah
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves KISS | My Outlook on the World
- punk | yi-ching lin photography
- A Taste Of Honey | Lisa’s Kansa Muse
- Sabbatical Songs: growing up in Oxford | ALIEN AURA’S BlOG: IT’LL BLOW YOUR MIND!
- One Crazy Mom » Growing Up With Music
- Papa Loves Dylan | The Magic Black Book
- To Run in a Dream | The Nameless One
- Hats, spurs and belts | Kate Murray
- The One That Could Have Been [Ndifreke’s Story] | She Writes
- Songs Of Yesterday | Awake & Dreaming
- Wednesday’s Run | Oldman
- A Dream: An Open Letter to Air Supply | Kosher Adobo
- Punk | I’m a Writer, Yes I Am
- Will The Real Slim Shady Please Stand Up?! | Life Confusions
- 281. Hee Haw and Soap Bubbles | Barely Right of Center
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo | Basically Beyond Basic
- Do The Diversity Dance. | Asta’s Space
- The Greatest Generation Had The Best Music | Just Visiting This Planet
- Daily Prompt: Papa Loves Mambo | A Mixed Bag
- Minutely Infinite | Rewinding the mixtape